Marc S. Fragos
Director of Event Technology with PSAV at the Walt Disney Grand Floridian with over 44,000 square feet of convention space. Promoted to Director of Sales at Gaylord Opryland with over 600,000 square feet of convention space. Managed sales team exceeding $8.3 million. Expanding overall knowledge of finance, operations management, and marketing with MBA and continuing lifelong pursuit of real world and classroom education.
ONstage 2012 – Present
National Sales Manager
Responsible for prospecting new business for the TN, D.C., IL, and LA market.
Utilities Incorporated 2011 – 2012
Manager, Customer Service Corporate Services
Responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of the Customer Service Department. Designed and programmed ACD systems connecting over 350 users in 15 states. Increased KPI’s by 30% of global call centers. Reduced Customer Service Call Center labor by 15% while increasing KPI’s by 30% by restructuring work and call flows. Created and analyzed special reports utilizing SQL Developer.
Venetian, Las Vegas, NV 2010 – 2010
Director, Business Services Division
Responsible for the day-to-day operations and sales of Business Services that included the largest hotel package center in the world, accommodating over 8,000 rooms. Managed Business Services Retail locations. Managed staff exempt and non-exempt at the Venetian, Palazzo, and Sands Convention Center. Managed both corporate and hotel mailrooms for Sands, Venetian, and Palazzo. Reduced labor by $150,000 within six months. Increased top line revenue by 5%.
PSAV, Nashville, TN 2008 – 2010
Responsible for the day-to-day event Technology sales for the Gaylord Opryland. This includes Account Management, People Development, Financial and Sales Management. Responsible for developing production events and the set up and operation of AV production equipment. Leader of a Commission based sales team totaling $18 million pipeline reaching sales goals over 8.3 million dollars.
PSAV, Orlando, FL 2006 – 2008
Director, Event Technology
Responsible for the day-to-day operations and sales of event technology at the Walt Disney Grand Floridian. This includes Account Management, People Development, Financial and Sales Management, Equipment Security/Maintenance and Information Management/Reporting. Responsible for developing production events and the set up and operation of AV production equipment.
Orange/Polk County Public Schools, FL 2004- 2006
High School Teacher – Science/Math
Provided curriculum in a meaningful manner; planed and delivered instruction; maintained/ supported a classroom environment that is conducive to learning; assessed and documented progress of students; interacts with administration, faculty, parents, students, and community; maintained professional competency.
- Assistant Coach Boys/Girls Varsity Swimming at Olympia High School
- Head Coach Boys/Girls Varsity Swimming at Freedom High School
Imaginary Frontier, Orlando, FL 1997 – 2002
Directed the successful operation of $1 million (annual sales) marketing art firm. Designed and implemented public relations strategy and developed major events promoting company. Managed contracts and reported directly to executives from Walt Disney, Universal Studios, MD Anderson Cancer Center, and Madame Tussaud’s Wax Museums.
- Procured endorsement and event participation from President George Bush by communicating impact of event
- Secured $300,000 in free publicity for Imaginary Frontier
- Saved $150,000 in event operating costs
- Increased fiscal year’s sales by 32%
- Implemented a marketing strategy for the $36 million, “Las Vegas Celebrity Encounter” attraction. Reduced production costs of building by $60,000 as a result of market analysis
- Negotiated with Las Vegas News Bureau saving Tussaud’s $17,000
- Interviewed on camera with anchors for NBC’s Today Show Matt Lauer and Katie Couric on behalf of Tussauds
Walt Disney Company, Orlando, FL 1991 – 1997
Designed presentations for Disney executive staff. Pioneered techniques in large scale computer generated photo realistic renderings with budgets ranging from $30,000 to $120,000 per image.
- Designed limited edition hard cover book with $250,000 budget for Disney Imagineering
- Produced photo realistic image for Disney’s Boardwalk
- Building upon successful 3d/2d techniques, completed renderings for Disney’s Sports Complex and other venues.
Masters of Business Administration (MBA)
Winter Park, FL
Disney Management Style
Ducktorate : Disney University
Logged 1.3 hours in USAF F-16 Jet Fighter